The Land of the Ladadahs

Hey! Welcome to my pageee

This is my little cubby where I can say random, zany things about the most random topics without getting in trouble. check it out :)

make sure to take the poll at the right! It changes every week. Take it because it's amusing, enlightening, and possibly one of the most important polls you'll ever take in your life.

I'm serious.

P.S. If you would like to subscribe, just enter your email in the "subscribe via email" gadget right below this paragraph. And if the emails aren't coming, CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER cuz sometimes the emails end up in there haha Oh, and the email subscription thing can be pretty unreliable, so if you like this site, go ahead and bookmark it and check it out every once in awhile, since I update pretty frequently. Technology and I are on pretty iffy terms and the subscription gadget keeps playing games on me. ARGGGHHH





Subscribe via email!!! yay! And if you don't receive the email, CHECK YOUR SPAM :)

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Watching baseball on TV for the first time

I watched a baseball game on TV for the first time. It was very interesting. Here's what I learned:

1.) EVERYONE chews gum. And spits. The red-heads. The blondes. The black-haired. The white-haired. The no-haired. Everyone seems to have this need to chew bubblegum and spit.

2.) The athletes (in this game at least) celebrate with the same look on their face as they do when they're commiserating. Intense. Fierce. Slighly constipated. And utterly hilarious. To the baseball fans of the world, forgive me for being irreverent. My intention is not to annoy, but only to speak my truth. Sometimes my truth is annoying.

3.) Baseball caps actually serve a purpose- they block the sun. For the longest time I thought it was a fashion statement because whenever I saw guys wearing htem backwards, I thought, Oh, just a trend thing, like girls who wear sparkly scarves when it's hot. I mean, what's the point of wearing a cap backwards? To get sunburned on the face rather than the neck?

4.) There's a coach for each base. They tell the player whether or not to go on to the next base. To Run or Not To Run. That is the question.

5.) The audience is as intense as the game. Sometimes even more intense - so intense they pick fights. Sometimes it's funner to watch the fans interact among themselves than it is to watch the game.

6.) The referee is very animated. To say whether or not the pitcher did a good ball (is that even the right phrase?), he jumps around, wiggles his arms and then does a motion that looks like he pulled a trigger, and sometimes even looks like a happily drunken man. It must be great fun to be the referee :) Well, it seems fun to me, anyway.

Hope the Giants and Phillies are having a good time!

Vivian

2 comments:

  1. I never really liked baseball games. Too boring in my opinion. What you said though makes it seem so fun xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha yayyy. Sports really is quite interesting...if you watch people watch sports.

    ReplyDelete

Hi people! Please comment - share your ladadadahs with me!