The Land of the Ladadahs

Hey! Welcome to my pageee

This is my little cubby where I can say random, zany things about the most random topics without getting in trouble. check it out :)

make sure to take the poll at the right! It changes every week. Take it because it's amusing, enlightening, and possibly one of the most important polls you'll ever take in your life.

I'm serious.

P.S. If you would like to subscribe, just enter your email in the "subscribe via email" gadget right below this paragraph. And if the emails aren't coming, CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER cuz sometimes the emails end up in there haha Oh, and the email subscription thing can be pretty unreliable, so if you like this site, go ahead and bookmark it and check it out every once in awhile, since I update pretty frequently. Technology and I are on pretty iffy terms and the subscription gadget keeps playing games on me. ARGGGHHH





Subscribe via email!!! yay! And if you don't receive the email, CHECK YOUR SPAM :)

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Maybe me and romance just aren't the best of buds

Yooo what's up? Anyhow, my friend and I were talking yesterday night about romance and how lots - not all, but many - girls want expensive jewelry and big ol' roses and love songs and candlelit dinners and other scenes taken right out of romantic-comedy movies. Then I told my friend that my idea of romantic is for a guy to give me a piggy back ride after proposing to me.  I'm starting to think maybe I'm not the most romantic person in the world.

It's not that I don't love love, because I do. I think love is beautiful and magical and lalala. But romance is...I see too many relationships in high school based purely on romance and not on love, and I guess that's why I'm kind of wary about romance.

I guess it doesn't help the "romantic" side of me that I hang out with a bunch of awesome and goofy albeit supremely dorky guys at lunch every day.

people talk about love all the time, in movies and songs. I don't know. I have this feeling that love is probably less dramatic than pop culture makes it out to be. I'm not saying love is any less special or wonderful or interesting, by any means. Just...quieter.

Vivian

1 comment:

  1. Still in love here. :)
    Junior year isn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete

Hi people! Please comment - share your ladadadahs with me!