The Land of the Ladadahs

Hey! Welcome to my pageee

This is my little cubby where I can say random, zany things about the most random topics without getting in trouble. check it out :)

make sure to take the poll at the right! It changes every week. Take it because it's amusing, enlightening, and possibly one of the most important polls you'll ever take in your life.

I'm serious.

P.S. If you would like to subscribe, just enter your email in the "subscribe via email" gadget right below this paragraph. And if the emails aren't coming, CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER cuz sometimes the emails end up in there haha Oh, and the email subscription thing can be pretty unreliable, so if you like this site, go ahead and bookmark it and check it out every once in awhile, since I update pretty frequently. Technology and I are on pretty iffy terms and the subscription gadget keeps playing games on me. ARGGGHHH





Subscribe via email!!! yay! And if you don't receive the email, CHECK YOUR SPAM :)

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Physics Video That Taught Me Everything But Physics

A few days ago I watched a physics video that, as the title suggested, was fascinating but not particularly helpful to my comprehension of physics. It wasn't the video's fault - I swear - it's just that I kept getting so distracted by little things that I simply was unable to focus on the physics aspect of the video.

For one thing, because it was teaching the concepts of projectiles and "force" on an object, it showed a bunch of athletes running around throwing discs and stuff. I dont' know the actual name for the sport; I just recall a bunch of very athletic men (no women, sadly) throwing balls and discs. These men were unintentionally distraacting in two ways: First of all, they wore really. short. shorts. Guys should NEVER wear short shorts. I cannot reiterate that enough. Guys wearing short shorts is just...wrong. I know of no other way to say it. Second of all, these wonderful young men grunted eaach time they hurled something in the air, which sent the class in a fit of hysterics. I kept wanting to run up to the TV and yell at the screen, hey, guys, take it easy all right?

Also, the video showed segments of Galileo Galilei (by the way, isn't that the most bizarre name? Hilarious but bizarre. Imagine being a parent and introducing your kid to other parents: "Hey everyone. Meet my kid, Galileo Galilei) walking around looking very old and solemn. I wonder how much they paid the actor to dress in a robe, put on a long Dumbledore-esque white beard/wig, and pace his "study room" looking wise and knowledgeable. Do you guys ever wonder hwo much they pay people to be in those science videos? I've always wondered that. Probably also a reason why I never do well when teachers give quizzes on these videos, because I'm always too busy thinking about this stuff.

Well, that's all for today. And if you any of you know the answer to the whole "How much do they pay science video actors" PLEASE LET ME KNOW BECAUSE I WANT TO KNOW SO BADLY.

Vivian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi people! Please comment - share your ladadadahs with me!